This is part of a series of "what makes a great.." notes to help people who are interested in copying the 2050 calculator. They are ideals, which the UK calculator may not live up to.
Once the sector worksheets are developed, the next step is to combine them into a model of the whole energy and climate system.
A great excel spreadsheet:
- Is a single workbook
- Does not use any VBA or macros
- Is not linked to any other workbooks
- Has the following structure:
- Individual sector worksheets
- Year worksheets that combine outputs from sector worksheetts
- Calibration data
- Uses named references to refer across worksheets (this minimises the chance of #REF! errors)
Previous: What makes a great sector worksheet