This is part of a series of "what makes a great.." notes to help people who are interested in copying the 2050 calculator. They are ideals, which the UK calculator may not live up to.
Once the assumptions about a sector are ready and documented, the next step is to implement these as a worksheet.
A great sector worksheet:
- Is a single worksheet
- Follows the following structure:
- Trajectory choice
- Assumptions that vary with choice of trajectory
- Assumptions that don't vary with choice of trajectory
- Assumptions that are derived from the assumptions above
- Outputs (in tables)
- Minimises its interaction with other worksheets
- Contains references to any key sources / documentation
Because the sector is implemented as a single worksheet, it needs to be simple.
Previous: What makes a great one page note