Items that this cost includes
Items that this cost excludes:
- This cost should exclude grid distribution costs (they should be in distribution cost data)
- This cost should exclude the cost of carrying electricity from new generation to the nearest grid access point (that should be in the cost of the individual generating technology).
Detail on the conditions under which this cost is valid
- All costs in 2009/2010 prices
- Costs provided based on National Grid's Gone Green future energy scenarios utilised by National Grid in their RIIO subsmission.
- Financial Year 2012/13:
- Opex(£m):320(TO & SO)
- Grid Connections: 90GW
£8.8bn / 90GW = £97.8m/GW.
- Financial Year 2020/21:
- Opex(£m):373 (TO & SO)
- Grid Connections: 100.0GW
Explanations as to why this cost differs from others
Limitations of this cost estimate